- Robert E. Lee: Worst American of All Time
- Trump: the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (Part 3)
- Trump: the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (Part 2)
- Trump: the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (Part 1)
- Compromised: Is Jared Kushner Taking Orders from Vladimir Putin?
- Trump and Trade
- Russian Vote Hacking? Check. Collusion? Check. Quid Pro Quo? “I Love It.”
- Worst Americans: Scott Pruitt
- Worst Americans: Dan Scavino, Jr.
- Worst Americans: Mitch McConnell
- Worst Americans: Melania Trump
- Worst Americans: Paul Ryan is a Pre-existing Condition
Support The Weeklings
- The 50 Greatest Superhero (and Villain) Names of All Time
- The 50 Greatest Literary Character Names of All Time
- The 50 Most Drug-Addled Albums in Music History
- The 50 Greatest Band Names of All Time
- The 50 Greatest Civil War Names
- The 50 Greatest Unrequited Love Stories Ever
- From Axl to Zappa: The 50 Greatest Musician Names of All Time (Side A)
- The 50 Greatest Pro Football Names of All Time
- How to Get Rid of Donald Trump: An Action Plan
- Song Beneath the Song: Led Zeppelin’s “Stairway to Heaven” as Tarot Card Reading
- The 50 Greatest Writer Names of All Time
- Song Beneath the Song: “Casimir Pulaski Day” by Sufjan Stevens
Author Archives: James Greer
James Greer played bass — somehow — on the classic track from the Guided By Voices album “Alien Lanes.” Continue reading
Or, eighteen of the things James Greer learned while watching Capital One’s Bowl Week on ESPN over the holidays.
James Greer’s brief history of time, and the instruments that measure it.
James Greer glimpses the future at the Media Lab at MIT…and lives to tell the tale.
In which James Greer, then a music writer at SPIN, moves in mysterious ways.
The soul, life after death, out-of-body experiences, reincarnation: modern science proves it’s all bunk…or does it? James Greer investigates some eternal questions.
Is Taylor Swift being taken too seriously, or are certain music writers just sexist? James Greer investigates.