- An Interview with D. Foy–Part 1
- Writing an Elegy for Ellicott City While Reading T.S. Eliot
- What the Tumor Left Behind
- Mark Your Calendar: September 26 is When Trump Will Implode
- Donald Trump’s America
- RNC: Not For Me
- Twenty-five Women I Fell in Love With Before I Was Twenty-five
- Baby Foodie
- With The Ringer and “Any Given Wednesday,” Bill Simmons Jumps the Shark
JOIN US EACH WEEK:
- The 50 Greatest Superhero (and Villain) Names of All Time
- The 50 Greatest Literary Character Names of All Time
- The 50 Greatest Band Names of All Time
- The 50 Greatest Pro Football Names of All Time
- The 50 Greatest Unrequited Love Stories Ever
- The 50 Most Drug-Addled Albums in Music History
- The 50 Greatest Civil War Names
- From Axl to Zappa: The 50 Greatest Musician Names of All Time (Side A)
- The 50 Greatest Writer Names of All Time
Author Archives: James Greer
James Greer played bass — somehow — on the classic track from the Guided By Voices album “Alien Lanes.” Continue reading
Or, eighteen of the things James Greer learned while watching Capital One’s Bowl Week on ESPN over the holidays.
James Greer’s brief history of time, and the instruments that measure it.
James Greer glimpses the future at the Media Lab at MIT…and lives to tell the tale.
In which James Greer, then a music writer at SPIN, moves in mysterious ways.
The soul, life after death, out-of-body experiences, reincarnation: modern science proves it’s all bunk…or does it? James Greer investigates some eternal questions.
Is Taylor Swift being taken too seriously, or are certain music writers just sexist? James Greer investigates.