- Germs, Guns & Trumpcare: With Cruel Health Bill, GOP is Playing with Fire
- Beyond Belief: Trump, Treason & the Failure of Imagination
- Verse Comes to Worst: 9 Very Short Poems About Trump/Russia Collaborators
- Baby-Boom Benedict Arnold: The Six Emerging Villains of the Russia Story
- Against Active Measures: Take the Fight to the Russians
- After Comey: Will Democracy Die in Darkness?
- Trump White House Succession Planning: A Loyalty Day Thought Experiment
- Postcards from the Resistance, Vol. 8: Mother of All
- The Rosneft Commission: What We Should Be Looking For
- An Outsider’s Guide to the 2017 French Election
- How Deep is Your Treason? The Three Tiers of Trump/Russia
- Trump/Russia Has Entered the Third and Final Act
Support The Weeklings
- The 50 Greatest Superhero (and Villain) Names of All Time
- The 50 Greatest Literary Character Names of All Time
- The 50 Most Drug-Addled Albums in Music History
- The 50 Greatest Band Names of All Time
- The 50 Greatest Civil War Names
- The 50 Greatest Unrequited Love Stories Ever
- From Axl to Zappa: The 50 Greatest Musician Names of All Time (Side A)
- How to Get Rid of Donald Trump: An Action Plan
- The 50 Greatest Pro Football Names of All Time
- Song Beneath the Song: Led Zeppelin’s “Stairway to Heaven” as Tarot Card Reading
- Song Beneath the Song: “Casimir Pulaski Day” by Sufjan Stevens
- The 50 Greatest Writer Names of All Time
Author Archives: Janet Steen
The president-elect is the stuff of nightmares and bad television, but the resistance is stronger than he knows. Continue reading
Kindles, TED talks, yoga shreds, and memes: in the end, maybe there is no real accounting for time.
LET’S SAY IT’S 1987. The whole family is out in the backyard, Memorial Day weekend. Father, mother, sister, brother, brother’s pregnant wife, and me. The old grill has got burgers spitting grease over by the garage. Folding lawn chairs, citronella candles. … Continue reading
A pretty face opens doors but will never fully win the so-called race against time. Janet Steen writes on self-criticism, scrutiny, and letting time do its thing.
Lobbing an opinion bomb is a delicate operation
Janet Steen wants to know what a hooker thinks and feels after a long day at the office.
On returning astronauts, ghosts, headless worms, and the need to make our mark