- Deaths of Distant Friends (or, John Updike Fucking Rocks)
- An Interview with D. Foy–Part 1
- Writing an Elegy for Ellicott City While Reading T.S. Eliot
- What the Tumor Left Behind
- Mark Your Calendar: September 26 is When Trump Will Implode
- Donald Trump’s America
- RNC: Not For Me
- Twenty-five Women I Fell in Love With Before I Was Twenty-five
- Baby Foodie
JOIN US EACH WEEK:
- The 50 Greatest Superhero (and Villain) Names of All Time
- The 50 Greatest Literary Character Names of All Time
- The 50 Greatest Band Names of All Time
- The 50 Greatest Pro Football Names of All Time
- The 50 Greatest Unrequited Love Stories Ever
- The 50 Most Drug-Addled Albums in Music History
- The 50 Greatest Civil War Names
- From Axl to Zappa: The 50 Greatest Musician Names of All Time (Side A)
- The 50 Greatest Writer Names of All Time
Category Archives: Christmas
Robert Burke Warren’s Yuletide of death, porn, and a hippie angel. Continue reading
In this holiday trilogy that should be read around the fire, Lawrence Benner brilliantly captures the heart and soul of Christmas. Plus evil, redemption, and the lifting of veils.
Tom Gualtieri tells you why your kisses under the mistletoe are all wrong and how you can improve them.
Is the Santa Myth good for kids?
Tom Gualtieri reflects on winters spent in Syracuse, N.Y.—including the tragic one in 1988.
Jeff Nishball makes the case for Christmas, forsaking the Menorah for Santa, trees, glitter and tinsel. Truly all that shines is….
But will it make you happy? In Jennifer Kabat’s case, probably not. And why she doesn’t want presents. Okay some presents. Okay I want the thing that will make me…
Learning from Jingle Bell Rock, Amanda Nazario discovers the joy of Christmas – and music. And Christmas music.