- An Interview with D. Foy–Part 1
- Writing an Elegy for Ellicott City While Reading T.S. Eliot
- What the Tumor Left Behind
- Mark Your Calendar: September 26 is When Trump Will Implode
- Donald Trump’s America
- RNC: Not For Me
- Twenty-five Women I Fell in Love With Before I Was Twenty-five
- Baby Foodie
- With The Ringer and “Any Given Wednesday,” Bill Simmons Jumps the Shark
JOIN US EACH WEEK:
- The 50 Greatest Superhero (and Villain) Names of All Time
- The 50 Greatest Literary Character Names of All Time
- The 50 Greatest Band Names of All Time
- The 50 Greatest Pro Football Names of All Time
- The 50 Greatest Unrequited Love Stories Ever
- The 50 Most Drug-Addled Albums in Music History
- The 50 Greatest Civil War Names
- From Axl to Zappa: The 50 Greatest Musician Names of All Time (Side A)
- The 50 Greatest Writer Names of All Time
Category Archives: Popular Culture
A random and possibly embarrassing list of crushes, inane longings, smoldering gazes, and youthful inamoratas. “Deep down, all we really want is to be righteously hated by a woman not even deigning to put effort into her pretense of love.” Continue reading
In his Weeklings debut Scott Waldyn asks the musical question, “What’s adulting anyway?”
Two media launches, two failures. It’s like Mookie Wilson hit not one but TWO ground balls to first base, and Bill Buckner botched them both.
Give evil a chance. We can’t do any worse, can we?
Let’s hope Hillary is a better candidate than Joe Quimby.
I had only recently discovered the glories of a naked body entwined with mine and, like every sex neophyte since time began, I had figured nothing would ever compare. I was wrong.
Binge-watching Hannibal gets to be a pretty harrowing affair. Hear why.
Robert Burke Warren on going from acclaimed children’s entertainer Uncle Rock to novelist wrestling with how best to render the erotic realities of adulthood.