- Robert E. Lee: Worst American of All Time
- Trump: the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (Part 3)
- Trump: the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (Part 2)
- Trump: the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (Part 1)
- Compromised: Is Jared Kushner Taking Orders from Vladimir Putin?
- Trump and Trade
- Russian Vote Hacking? Check. Collusion? Check. Quid Pro Quo? “I Love It.”
- Worst Americans: Scott Pruitt
- Worst Americans: Dan Scavino, Jr.
- Worst Americans: Mitch McConnell
- Worst Americans: Melania Trump
- Worst Americans: Paul Ryan is a Pre-existing Condition
Support The Weeklings
- The 50 Greatest Superhero (and Villain) Names of All Time
- The 50 Greatest Literary Character Names of All Time
- The 50 Most Drug-Addled Albums in Music History
- The 50 Greatest Band Names of All Time
- The 50 Greatest Civil War Names
- The 50 Greatest Unrequited Love Stories Ever
- From Axl to Zappa: The 50 Greatest Musician Names of All Time (Side A)
- The 50 Greatest Pro Football Names of All Time
- How to Get Rid of Donald Trump: An Action Plan
- Song Beneath the Song: Led Zeppelin’s “Stairway to Heaven” as Tarot Card Reading
- The 50 Greatest Writer Names of All Time
- Song Beneath the Song: “Casimir Pulaski Day” by Sufjan Stevens
Category Archives: Song Beneath the Song
Freddie Mercury died 25 years ago today. Here is a look at his most popular, and enigmatic, song. Continue reading
To explain the lyrics to “Stairway to Heaven,” Greg Olear looks to his Rider-Waite deck.
Twenty years ago, “Hey Jealousy” climbed to #4 on the Billboard charts. A few months later, the man who wrote the song killed himself.
When you finish reading this analysis by Greg Olear, the hidden meaning of “The Reflex” will no longer leave you answered with a ?
Greg Olear examines the lyrics of some popular holiday favorites.
In this recurring feature, Greg Olear offers an analysis of the sublime seventh track on Illinoise.
In which Greg Olear reveals the hidden meanings of three of his favorite songs: “American Pie,” “Bohemian Rhapsody,” and “Norwegian Wood”