- Germs, Guns & Trumpcare: With Cruel Health Bill, GOP is Playing with Fire
- Beyond Belief: Trump, Treason & the Failure of Imagination
- Verse Comes to Worst: 9 Very Short Poems About Trump/Russia Collaborators
- Baby-Boom Benedict Arnold: The Six Emerging Villains of the Russia Story
- Against Active Measures: Take the Fight to the Russians
- After Comey: Will Democracy Die in Darkness?
- Trump White House Succession Planning: A Loyalty Day Thought Experiment
- Postcards from the Resistance, Vol. 8: Mother of All
- The Rosneft Commission: What We Should Be Looking For
- An Outsider’s Guide to the 2017 French Election
- How Deep is Your Treason? The Three Tiers of Trump/Russia
- Trump/Russia Has Entered the Third and Final Act
Support The Weeklings
- The 50 Greatest Superhero (and Villain) Names of All Time
- The 50 Greatest Literary Character Names of All Time
- The 50 Most Drug-Addled Albums in Music History
- The 50 Greatest Band Names of All Time
- The 50 Greatest Civil War Names
- The 50 Greatest Unrequited Love Stories Ever
- From Axl to Zappa: The 50 Greatest Musician Names of All Time (Side A)
- How to Get Rid of Donald Trump: An Action Plan
- The 50 Greatest Pro Football Names of All Time
- Song Beneath the Song: Led Zeppelin’s “Stairway to Heaven” as Tarot Card Reading
- Song Beneath the Song: “Casimir Pulaski Day” by Sufjan Stevens
- The 50 Greatest Writer Names of All Time
Category Archives: Sports
Elizabeth Nelson and Eddie Pepitone dissect the NFL season that was, forecast the NFL season to come, and offer predictions for Super Bowl L. Continue reading
Talk about moneyball! Meet the guy who caught A-Rod’s 3000th hit, among other great souvenir balls.
From Beckett to Barthes to the solace of modern day wrestling, Thom Cuell on a fantasy of maleness and dandyism.
While debate can rage about the role of fighting in hockey, there is no doubt that the history of hockey enforcing has produced names that would do Shakespeare, Dickens and Nabokov proud.
For the last 30 years, I’ve regarded Hagler/Hearns the way oral poets preserved the ancient stories: I’ve remembered it, replayed it and above all, celebrated it.
A long-suffering fan of the Kansas City Royals gears up for another hopeful season.
The 2014 NHL season starts today, and Jarret Middleton breaks it down deeper and harder than anyone has a right to. If you’re not an expert after this, you’re not paying attention.
Club Soccer (and following it) is the cure to what ails the world. Dennie Wendt on football (not the US’s) aka the world’s game.
Great Britain’s own James D. Irwin breaks down the EPL teams for the casual American fan.