- With The Ringer and “Any Given Wednesday,” Bill Simmons Jumps the Shark
- The American Scream #5: Beyond Good and Evil
- Sideshow Donald: Trump’s Campaign is Right Out of “The Simpsons”
- 50 Bullet Points Concerning America’s Gun Psychosis
- Why I’m Opting Out of a Revolution
- Gentrification Porn: North Brooklyn Ground Zero
- The Gross Room
- A BRIEF HISTORY OF MY EXPERIENCES IN THE PUBLIC RESTROOMS OF NORTH CAROLINA
- The Most Revealing Prince Video
JOIN US EACH WEEK:
- The 50 Greatest Superhero (and Villain) Names of All Time
- The 50 Greatest Literary Character Names of All Time
- The 50 Greatest Unrequited Love Stories Ever
- The 50 Most Drug-Addled Albums in Music History
- The 50 Greatest Band Names of All Time
- From Axl to Zappa: The 50 Greatest Musician Names of All Time (Side A)
- The 50 Greatest Pro Football Names of All Time
- The 50 Greatest Civil War Names
- Song Beneath the Song: Led Zeppelin’s “Stairway to Heaven” as Tarot Card Reading
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Give evil a chance. We can’t do any worse, can we? Continue reading
If you’re still alive, you’re not Orlando. Do something. Do anything.
More than the proverbial teaching moment, Mr. Turner’s anti-epiphany (twenty minutes of action!) is sui generis; it’s so wrong it’s a paradoxical but perfect gift.
You said it but you absolutely don’t mean it.
Everyone else may hate U2, but Kurt Baumeister will always love them in spite of themselves.
Prince and I did not get off, so to speak, on the good foot. While he would ultimately influence me – both personally and musically – as much as Bowie or the Beatles (my Trinity), his presence initially challenged the most important friendship of my life. Then, it cemented that friendship, and led to funk n’ roll adventures alongside a superstar-in-exile named RuPaul.
What happens when Bob Dylan starts talking to you about the woman he loves? Darren Anderson channels it here.
Conflict journalist Carmen Gentile gives an irreverent look at “war-zoney” reporting in Afghanistan.