- An Interview with D. Foy–Part 1
- Writing an Elegy for Ellicott City While Reading T.S. Eliot
- What the Tumor Left Behind
- Mark Your Calendar: September 26 is When Trump Will Implode
- Donald Trump’s America
- RNC: Not For Me
- Twenty-five Women I Fell in Love With Before I Was Twenty-five
- Baby Foodie
- With The Ringer and “Any Given Wednesday,” Bill Simmons Jumps the Shark
JOIN US EACH WEEK:
- The 50 Greatest Superhero (and Villain) Names of All Time
- The 50 Greatest Literary Character Names of All Time
- The 50 Greatest Band Names of All Time
- The 50 Greatest Pro Football Names of All Time
- The 50 Greatest Unrequited Love Stories Ever
- The 50 Most Drug-Addled Albums in Music History
- From Axl to Zappa: The 50 Greatest Musician Names of All Time (Side A)
- The 50 Greatest Civil War Names
- The 50 Greatest Writer Names of All Time
Tag Archives: 50 Shades of Grey
The perfect Valentine: Lisa A. Phillips curates the 50 greatest (most heart-rending?) unrequited love stories ever. Continue reading
It’s been a bad week for stuff we’re sick to death of.
How should sex be depicted in film? Are there boundaries that simply shouldn’t be crossed? Jeremy Polacek untangles these questions and more, in a discussion of the ever-divisive movie Blue is the Warmest Color.
Mark R. Brand laments the death of sex in mass market fiction.