- Deaths of Distant Friends (or, John Updike Fucking Rocks)
- An Interview with D. Foy–Part 1
- Writing an Elegy for Ellicott City While Reading T.S. Eliot
- What the Tumor Left Behind
- Mark Your Calendar: September 26 is When Trump Will Implode
- Donald Trump’s America
- RNC: Not For Me
- Twenty-five Women I Fell in Love With Before I Was Twenty-five
- Baby Foodie
JOIN US EACH WEEK:
- The 50 Greatest Superhero (and Villain) Names of All Time
- The 50 Greatest Literary Character Names of All Time
- The 50 Greatest Band Names of All Time
- The 50 Greatest Pro Football Names of All Time
- The 50 Greatest Unrequited Love Stories Ever
- The 50 Most Drug-Addled Albums in Music History
- The 50 Greatest Civil War Names
- From Axl to Zappa: The 50 Greatest Musician Names of All Time (Side A)
- The 50 Greatest Writer Names of All Time
Tag Archives: Disney
“Let It Go” crystallizes something intense and very real but otherwise formless, and little kids, who, bless them, do not know from “cool,” love it more than any other song, ever. Even boys. For the first time in history, boys do not categorically run from a Disney princess. They are drawn to Elsa. I am fortunate to bear witness to all of this, and so are you. At the risk of overstating it, it feels historic. Continue reading
Elissa Washuta discusses her American Indian heritage, blood quantum, and the curse of Hollywood depictions.
Reports of the pop star’s impending self-destruction have been exaggerated.
Ye blessed ‘Nerd’stradamus, collector of sacred Batman memorabilia and harbinger of alchemical Avengers underwear, projects his recommendations, and warnings, for the coming year.