- Donald Trump’s America
- RNC: Not For Me
- Some Men Just Want To Watch The World Bern
- How Sad the Exodus: Teaching Men’s Creative Writing in a County Jail
- Baby Foodie
- Literary Seductions: Twenty Books To Hook Up To
- With The Ringer and “Any Given Wednesday,” Bill Simmons Jumps the Shark
- 50 Bullet Points Concerning America’s Gun Psychosis
- Why I’m Opting Out of a Revolution
JOIN US EACH WEEK:
- The 50 Greatest Superhero (and Villain) Names of All Time
- The 50 Greatest Literary Character Names of All Time
- RNC: Not For Me
- The 50 Greatest Band Names of All Time
- The 50 Most Drug-Addled Albums in Music History
- Twenty-five Women I Fell in Love With Before I Was Twenty-five
- The 50 Greatest Unrequited Love Stories Ever
- From Axl to Zappa: The 50 Greatest Musician Names of All Time (Side A)
- The 50 Greatest Pro Football Names of All Time
Tag Archives: football
Each of The Weeklings’ editors respond to a single pop culture question in this wildly popular parlor game that only has one rule: complete honesty. Continue reading
Every single thing that we shouldn’t be talking about now combined in one easy-to-swallow gel cap.
Club Soccer (and following it) is the cure to what ails the world. Dennie Wendt on football (not the US’s) aka the world’s game.
For the World Cup Final, James Irwin on the weirdness of goalies. Or: why so many writers (Camus, Nabokov) have served in soccer’s goal box.
Wherein Dennie Wendt breaks down the college football bowl schedule so hard there is literally no reason to watch a single game, let alone listen to three words from Kirk Herbstreit.
Wherein former semi-professional athlete Ron Dantomine gets his hands dirty examining the cruel underbelly of big money sports.
Everything you need to know about America’s Favorite Sport, which is less than you think.