- Donald Trump’s America
- RNC: Not For Me
- Some Men Just Want To Watch The World Bern
- How Sad the Exodus: Teaching Men’s Creative Writing in a County Jail
- Baby Foodie
- Literary Seductions: Twenty Books To Hook Up To
- With The Ringer and “Any Given Wednesday,” Bill Simmons Jumps the Shark
- 50 Bullet Points Concerning America’s Gun Psychosis
- Why I’m Opting Out of a Revolution
JOIN US EACH WEEK:
- The 50 Greatest Superhero (and Villain) Names of All Time
- The 50 Greatest Literary Character Names of All Time
- The 50 Greatest Band Names of All Time
- RNC: Not For Me
- The 50 Most Drug-Addled Albums in Music History
- The 50 Greatest Unrequited Love Stories Ever
- From Axl to Zappa: The 50 Greatest Musician Names of All Time (Side A)
- The 50 Greatest Pro Football Names of All Time
- The 50 Greatest Civil War Names
Tag Archives: Love
A random and possibly embarrassing list of crushes, inane longings, smoldering gazes, and youthful inamoratas. “Deep down, all we really want is to be righteously hated by a woman not even deigning to put effort into her pretense of love.” Continue reading
She is my walk through Brooklyn, my arm toss in the park, my sit on the stoop, my weekend up in the country, my never alone, my not going to die for such a long time it feels like forever, my Lee.
Davis Schneiderman digs into the crates for a quartet of under-appreciated David Bowie songs.
Falling in love with a dead man, raising a son, losing a lover… Melissa Holbrook Pierson watches TV with Robin Hood.
Ben Tanzer lets it all hang out when discussing the gritty underside of his first true love.
Gabriel Mason finds inspiration in the unlikeliest of places: a writers’ conference.
Cocaine as matchmaker? Patrick Wensink (note not Patrick Bateman) considers the odds.
Love, Peace & Sooooul… Train!
A Conversation with Ericka Danois on the Hippest Show in Television History
“I think (Don Cornelius) became trapped by the persona he created. When I met him in real life, he was brash, irreverent—sometimes in an awkward way rather than clever or witty. He seemed bitter. But he was still styling with the full leather outfit and alligator shoes.”-Ericka Danois
“It was my apartment, my kitchen, my refrigerator, my bookcases, my red bedroom and he found the beer I didn’t want him to find and he didn’t think of the alcohol as mine because all alcohol is really his. He walked back into my bedroom with a bottle of something and expected me to follow, or maybe not.”