- An Interview with D. Foy–Part 1
- Writing an Elegy for Ellicott City While Reading T.S. Eliot
- What the Tumor Left Behind
- Mark Your Calendar: September 26 is When Trump Will Implode
- Donald Trump’s America
- RNC: Not For Me
- Twenty-five Women I Fell in Love With Before I Was Twenty-five
- Baby Foodie
- With The Ringer and “Any Given Wednesday,” Bill Simmons Jumps the Shark
JOIN US EACH WEEK:
- The 50 Greatest Superhero (and Villain) Names of All Time
- The 50 Greatest Literary Character Names of All Time
- The 50 Greatest Band Names of All Time
- The 50 Greatest Unrequited Love Stories Ever
- The 50 Greatest Pro Football Names of All Time
- The 50 Most Drug-Addled Albums in Music History
- From Axl to Zappa: The 50 Greatest Musician Names of All Time (Side A)
- The 50 Greatest Civil War Names
- The 50 Greatest Writer Names of All Time
Tag Archives: movies
Falling in love with a dead man, raising a son, losing a lover… Melissa Holbrook Pierson watches TV with Robin Hood. Continue reading
Sean Beaudoin curates the 50 most bad-ass movies of all time, then challenges you to a punch-up behind the Dumpster if you don’t agree with every single choice.
James D. Irwin on the strange parallels of Veronica Lake, Preston Sturges, and reclusive Simpsons writer John Swartzwelder.
Hard-touring bassist Robert Burke Warren celebrates a selection of movies that capture the authentic essence of life in a working band.
Justin Hall documents the rise (pun intended) of the hot male action star in contemporary film. Where has all the cheesecake gone?
With a single click awaits the one Essential List that has yet to be compiled: the 50 Greatest Names in all of cinema history.
In which Greg Olear explains why dumb comedies are the most sucessful — and how the morons have won.
Summer blockbuster season is upon us. Veteran film festival attendee Brady Richards gives us the inside scoop on the season’s best offerings.